UAE is known to have a rich culture and heritage reflecting traditional Arab and Islamic values. Environment and terrain is also a big influence on the culture and lifestyle of people in UAE.
Some of the culture and history books that are a must-read before you come to UAE are;
- ‘The Diesel’ (1994) by Thani Al-Suwaidi
- ‘The Nabati Poetry of the United Arab Emirates (2011) by Clive Holes and Said Salman Abu Athera
- ‘Dubai: The Vulnerability of Success (2009) by Christopher Davidson
- ‘The Sand Fish: A Novel From Dubai’ (2009) by Maha Gargash
- ‘Beyond Dubai: Seeking Lost Cities in the Emirates (2014) by David Millar.
These books have captured the old and contemporary spirit of the UAE and are well-written as well.