SPN Groups is a great place to network or have fun socially. You can use SPN groups to network with other small business owners in your area, in your industry, or with similar interests. You can also just use the groups to share funny memes or watch videos that we shouldn’t laugh at .
Actively discuss and share experiences, customer referrals, advice, insights, and more!
That said, we created this list of dos and don’ts to keep this a valued resource for all members:
- Respect others.
- Ask for help or advice.
- Ask for recommendations.
- Show what you know by adding a comment.
- Like and share great advice from others.
- Assume good intentions.
- Connect with people who have been helpful.
- Report inappropriate comments.
- Share content and engage according to the rules of the group.
- Add a signature (email, website, phone number) to your comments. Your profile is already linked to your answer or question.
- Post political, controversial, or misleading questions, unless you’re in a group centered around politics or humor.
- Post outside links to blog posts or surveys, unless it’s a marketing group. Each group has their own rules on this.
- Post links that solicit members off of the SPN Platform in the group description. We will remove the link or possibly suspend or ban offending members.
- Post a non-SPN link that directs folks to leave the Alignable group or community website for purposes of solicitation, advertisement or promotional reasons; depending on the individual group rules.
- Promote your business unless it is specifically allowed by the group.
- Use obscene or inflammatory language or hate speech.
- Ask for private information (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) Check profiles.
- SPAM members.
- POST IN ALL CAPS
Groups are moderated by group admins and site admins, and group members can also report inappropriate content. Posts or groups that fail to follow the do’s and don’t or SPN rules are subject to deletion. Personal insults, verbal attacks, and offensive, disrespectful, or abusive messages will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Repeated violations may result in your account being deactivated.
People that create groups can also create their own rules for the group as long as they don’t break the rules of the site. If you break the rules of this page, we may delete your account and all content.
Examples of Group Rules & Guidelines That Are Acceptable
- You must be (a business owner || a podcast host || a seller on Etsy) to be a member of this group.
- Be kind, positive, encouraging, and supportive to your fellow members.
- Self-promotion is not allowed, except in your introduction post.
- Please only share relevant content.
- If posting a link, please provide a brief summary and why members might find it valuable.
- We value your participation! You’ll get so much more out of the group if you participate and connect with the other members.
- Do not spam other members