How to find a good website designer
10 Things To Do Before Hiring a Website Designer
- Check their portfolio and business reviews. Make to also check with your professional network. There are a lot SPN members that can refer a good website designer.
- Know what you want to accomplish with your website. List out your goals and priorities. Build your site around your biggest goals.
- Think about why people should like what your website is telling them. Put some thought into message and user experience goals.
- Figure out your website design budget. You don’t always get what you paid for, but you always pay for what you get. Think about your budget and how it affects your goals. You can start smart and add more content, products, or services later.
- Make a design priority and wish list. Figure out what features your minimal viable product (MVP) website must have. Think about all the features you would like to have on your site in a perfect world scenario.
- Figure out your MVP pages and pages you want to have by the time you are have a final product. Keep in mind that you should blog regularly so think about how your pages will be able to link with your articles.
- Think about how all your pages tie together to tell a complete story of your brand.
- Decide how your creative process works best. Some of use need to write things out. There are those of us that prefer to draw things out. Pick a system of communication that works best for you.
- Gather images, videos, and copy that you might want to use. The more you give the website design companies, the better they will do in fulfilling your vision.
- Develop a launch plan. Some business owners make a big announcement and do some press releases on the launch of their new websites. There are other business owners that like to get a website up and build it up discreetly. Think about how you want to grow and market your website before you even hire website design or SEO companies.