Microsoft Outlook is one of the most useful e-mail clients, but it has always had bugs. For example, one of the biggest drawbacks of older versions of Outlook was the limited size of PST files that store all data in mailboxes on the local system.
The file works fine as long as the data stored in MS Outlook does not exceed the maximum limit. Even exceeding the maximum size can cause corruption, performance degradation, and similar problems.
Fortunately, Microsoft has resolved this issue in the latest Outlook versions such as Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 without size issues. But now a new type of obstacle has emerged. A user who has a traditional PST file created in an earlier version of Outlook will have to populate the larger PST file available in the latest version of Outlook.
In this blog, we will be learning about the methods following which a user will be able to merge the Outlook PST files.
Reasons to Merge Multiple PST Files
PST files before combining them into a single PST file. Although the motives for combining PST files vary from user to user, there are some common reasons for users to combine multiple PST files into one PST. Here are some reasons to merge PST files.
- If you need to combine or merge multiple PST files from the old account.
- Merging PST files are the best option when creating a backup.
- If you are consolidating personal, social, or work accounts, consolidation is the best way to manage these files.
- Merge is an ideal solution if you are planning to migrate other services such as Exchange.
- When you receive files from your team, family, the organization, or another group of individuals, combining them into one PST is a reliable solution.
- A user wants to combine ANSI PST files with UNICODE PSTs.
- About importing old PST files into the latest version of Outlook.
- Users would like to access all PST files in one place.
These are some of the reasons for the merging of the Outlook PST files.
The manual method of conversion
The manual method consists of two different steps. First, create a new PST file and then import the old PST file into the newly created empty PST file.
Step 1. Create a new blank PST file in Outlook
- Open the Outlook application and go to New Items and then click on the Other Items after it selects the Outlook Data File
- New PST File Choose the desired location to save the file and name it
- Finally, click the OK button and you are done.
Now you need to combine multiple PST files into one by importing all existing PST files into a new file.
Step 2. Import the Old PST File into the Newly Created PST File
- In Outlook, click the File menu and click on the Open button and select the Import option
- The Import/Export window will appear. Select “From another program” or “Import a file from another option”
- In the window, select the “Outlook Data File” option and click the “Next” button.
- Click the Browse button to select the file to import. Select the Do not import duplicates option and click Next.
- Select the folder to import. Select the Include subfolders and Import items into the same folder check boxes.
- Click the Finish button.
These are the manual method following which a user will be able to merge their Outlook PST files.
Many users do face many limitations while following the manual method of merging.
Limitations of the manual method
There are many limitations that are faced by a user while following the manual method of merging:
- Chances of data loss are more
- The instant result is not provided to the users
- Accuracy is not given by the app
- Files are not maintained by the tool
- Novice users do find the manual method complex
Looking at these limitations thus users do look for a convenient platform for the merging of the PST files.
Smartly merge your Outlook PST files
One can also merge their Outlook PST files a user can use the advanced Softaken PST merger tool . The application is one of the advanced solutions for every single user. Without any kind of trouble, the merging of the PST files is done. It is a reliable and convenient method for merging Outlook PST files. Smoothly every user is able to merge the Outlook PST files without any kind of trouble. It is a convenient method for all users. It is one of the advanced solutions that a user can use. With great accuracy, the merging of the PST files is done. A user can choose the ANSI as well as UNICODE language PST files for the merging of the Outlook PST files. Also, using the app a user does not need to be dependent on the MS Outlook app for carrying out the merging procedure.
A user can try out the demo version if they want to know more about the app.
How does the app work?
For the merging of the PST files using the advanced Merge PST tool, a user does have to follow the below-provided steps. Let us have a look at these steps of merging:
- Open the app
- Now, add the PST files that you want to merge
- Add the size of the PST file
- Locate the path for merging the PST file
- Hit the generate button finally
These steps can be conveniently followed by any user without facing any error. A smooth merging procedure is followed with the help of this app.
Features of the app
Here are some of the amazing features that are provided by this advanced solution:
- No error- With great accuracy, all the PST files are merged by the app. Without any data corruption, the merging procedure is completed.
- Instant merging- An instant merging process of the PST files is done. Users just have to follow the above-provided steps for carrying out the merging task.
- Easy to handle app- This advanced PST Merger tool is easy to handle app. Every user is able to carry the merging of the PST files.
- Maintains the hierarchy- The app maintains the hierarchy of the files for managing the PST files.
- Bulk merging- The application follows a bulk merging of the PST files. This saves a lot of time for the users.
- Independent app- This advanced tool does not need any other app for carrying out the merging procedure. A direct merging of the PST files is followed by the app.
These are some of the great features that are provided by this advanced PST Merger tool.
If you want to merge your Outlook PST files then you must go through this blog. The blog provides all the necessary details about the merging of the Outlook PST files. Methods of merging are also provided. A user can follow the manual or the professional method for the merging of Outlook PST files.