Search businesses by name.
Pin your location to find products and services near you
You can count on SPN to help you find the best painters near you. Whether you need interior or exterior painting, you can come here to find the best painters by their business reviews.
Questions for Painters
You want professionals that do quality work so make sure to ask these questions for painters. The last thing you want is a paint job that doesn’t look good. You want your walls and things to look like a professional painting company did the work. So you need to hire the right painters who can do quality work at the right price. You don’t want to be overcharged for subpar painting results. Here are some questions to ask professional painters before you hire them:
- Do you have proper insurance?
- How many painting jobs like this have you done?
- Will you or someone else be doing the painting?
- Does your estimate cover the cost of the paint?
- What type of paint are you going to use?
- Do you have a portfolio of your work?
- What type of warranty or guarantee do you offer?
- Do you have any local references?
These are just some of the questions you should ask before hiring a local painter. Make sure to get 2-3 estimates at a minimum. Not all painters are the same so it behooves you do a little due diligence. Make sure there is some type of warranty and sign a contract. Be very wary of any painters that don’t present professional paperwork. Everything about your painting project should be spelled out in great detail. Insurance is a big thing to check for. You don’t want uninsured painters doing any work for you. Damage can easily happen during home painting projects so make sure you are covered in case the worst happens.
Things to think about before painting your home
- Level of gloss (for interior walls)
- Materials (plastic/drop clothes/tape/etc.)
- Color choices (this is a big one. Make sure they have enough of the same color to do the whole painting project)
- Furniture protection. Determine whether they are removing or covering your furniture.
- Matching the siding with the exterior trim. Make sure everything should match right before you start painting.
Take your time and ask the professional painters to cover these topics with you. There might be things you miss and the painters can separate themselves from their competition during this process. You don’t want to end up with colors or walls that don’t match. Make a checklist of details prior to painting anything.