Search businesses by name.
Pin your location to find products and services near you
Do you want to turn your house into a home or an office space into a place to get things done in style? Take a look at the interior designers here on SPN. You may also want to look at some interior decorators after the designers get done with their work.
Interior designers can help you bring out the best in any room or office space. They can also help you think through renovations and updates. Their job is to help you turn your homes and office buildings into more functional, comfortable, and attractive places.
How much do interior designers charge?
Interior design services are not cheap, but they can make a huge difference in how you feel in or about a space you or your loved ones and colleagues spend a lot of time in. The price for interior design projects can ranges from just over a thousand dollars into the tens of thousands of dollars. Therefore, it pays to do your homework before you hire an interior design company to help renovate your home or office. Check their business reviews.
Know that most interior designers that don’t charge a flat rate or fee charge between $50 to $200 per hour. They can also charge by the square foot, which tends to range from $5 to $15 per SQFT.
Interior design companies can also charge one time consultation fees between $150 to $1,000 depending on their demand.
What do interior designers do?
An interior designer will work with to you to change the aesthetic design and real-life function of your home or property. They will plan structural and layout changes from the ground up.
The local interior design companies will help you navigate building codes and local contractors. They will also help you figure out different possibilities with your space. Many homes and properties are out of style, have safety issues, or don’t allow people to flow through like they should. Interior designers can help with all of that. You can hire an interior designer for the initial planning only or ask them to transition into the actual building process with the architect.
Should I hire interior designers and/or interior decorators?
Many people wonder what the difference is between interior designers and decorators. Here are some examples of their services and differences:
- Plan a space from the ground up.
- Went to school to get formal education on their services.
- Focus on the layout and function of the space.
- Act as project managers.
- Can also help you with furnishings and decoration.
- They decorate an existing space with trendy stuff and furniture.
- Can do their work without a formal education on their services.
- Focus on only aesthetics.
- Don’t help with renovation or layout design projects.
What questions should I ask interior designers?
- How much experience do you have with these type of projects?
- Did you go to school for this?
- Are you licensed to work here locally?
- Where were you certified for interior design?
- How you charge? (project, hour, or square foot)
- Are you flexible with your pricing?
- Do you have a portfolio of work for me to review?
- How would you describe the styles and trends that inspire you?
- Do you have references of previous local clients?
- What if I don’t like the design you propose?
- Do you go beyond the design work to help manage the project?