Hey everybody! Today’s blog post is going to be about how to properly benchpress.
Why: This exercise is one of the best upper body exercises. You should perform this movement because it works out your shoulders, chest, and triceps all at once. Working all of these muscles out together is very functional and teaches your body how to work in unison.
How: This move is fairly simple but you can get injuried if you aren’t using proper form. Take these steps to get the best results.
1) Lay down with eyes directly under the bar.
2) Keep a slight arch in your back by pushing through your feet and squeezing your shoulder blades back and down. Keep your butt on the bench though. This will give you the most stability and protect your shoulders.
3) Take a deep breath and unload the bar.
4) Keep your elbows tucked towards your sides and bring the bar slowly towards your lower chest.
5) Drive on the way up breathing out as you exert the bar back up.
6) Squeeze your chest at the top and repeat.
I recommend doing this movement at least 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions on your chest day.
If you found this helpful it would really mean a lot to me if you could share this post and subscribe to my youtube channel. Also feel free to ask me any questions and i’ll make you a video on it!