Lotus Notes is a popular email client which now owned by HCL technologies. It is a desktop application that allows users to perform multiple tasks. Due to some reasons, Lotus Notes lose popularity, Office 365 grabs the most audience, and users perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tasks. Office 365 is a cloud-based Saas that provides various built-in applications to users. It also provides desktop applications with straightforward GUI to make them more accessible.
The built-in applications offered by Office 365 include Skype, Team, Outlook, etc. Moreover, if we talk about the prices, Office 365 is more cost-effective than Lotus Notes. In this context, we will discuss about the effortless way to do the migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 without compromising a single piece of data.
Reasons why users perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration task
- Cost-effective : Office 365 is very cost-effective as compared to Lotus Notes. It provides various subscriptions like personal, basic, business, etc. which is the most important reason why users do the migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 task.
- Simple GUI : Lotus Notes has a bit complicated GUI, and users need excellent technical knowledge to use it. In contrast, Office 365 has a user-friendly GUI that even non-technical users efficiently use.
- Easily accessible : Office 365 is easily accessible from anywhere and anytime. In the same contrast, Lotus Notes is a bit complicated to access from anywhere and anytime.
- Various facilities in one subscription : Office 365 provides numerous built-in applications in one subscription.
Limitations of the Manual Migration Method
- There are limitations to adding multiple and big-size Lotus Notes NSF files.
- High chances of error; if users perform this migration task , there are high chances of error, resulting in users losing their crucial data permanently.
- It doesn’t maintain the folder hierarchy and integrity of the data.
- If a user’s process interrupts for any reason, they must begin the Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration task.
- It is complicated to use; users require good technical knowledge to migrate from Lotus to Office 365.
- The manual method consumes too much time to perform this migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 task.
There is a manual migration guide available on Microsoft’s official website, known as MONTI. Users need to follow the Lotus notes to Office 365 migration step by step procedure which will be available in this migration guide that also consumes a good amount of time to execute. So, it will be better to go with a reliable third-party solution to avoid such long migration procedures.
Professional Approach to migrate Lotus Notes into Office 365
If you use professional third-party software to perform this task, it will become easy as a cakewalk. There are no limitations on adding the numerous Lotus Notes emails. Its user-friendly GUI allows technical and even technical users to perform this migration task efficiently. Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool also allows users to convert the NSF files into MSG and EML file formats.
Some advanced features of this professional Software
- This software perfectly maintains the folder hierarchy and Meta properties of the data even after completing the migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 mailboxes.
- The incremental export option of this software allows users to resume the process where it was stopped and also prevents the data from duplicity.
- Moreover, this software allows users to export NSF files directly into the Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- It provides a filter option through which users can include or exclude the items per their requirements before processing the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration task.
- With its search option, users can easily find the desired items in a bit of time.
- It also provides a preview option that allows users to cross-check the added items before processing this migration task.
Shoviv also offers a free trial version of this software through which users can understand its features. This free trial version allows users to process the first 50 items per folder. Moreover, users will get a 24*7 technical guide.
We discussed the methods to perform this task and also elaborated on the limitations of the manual process of completing this migration. It is advisable to utilize professional software as it provides additional features to make the migration seamless. At last, it depends on the user’s mind which method they want to choose to perform the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration task. But before that, take a look at this professional software and download its free trial version, which is available on the official website of Shoviv.