With the upcoming Exchange 2019, the support for older versions of it is in sincere reduction one after another. The Exchange users who are holding their data in older versions of Exchange do look to migrate to the newer versions. So, if the users are having their data in Exchange 2010 and looking to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 are required to make intermediate migration to Exchange 2013. Down to this row, the same is the case with Exchange 2013 to 2019 migration, where users also need to make intermediary migration to Exchange 2016. However, we can ease the process by avoiding intermediary migration by different methods, so let’s discuss.
The Drawbacks of Native Way to Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016
- There also come certain technical prerequisites that are to be filled to use this method.
- Here using this method to make Exchange 2010 to 2016 migration, users need to make intermediary migration to Exchange 2013.
- The method comprises numerous complicated steps where if users mislead a single step can lose their data.
- It is a time-consuming method.
- There is no incremental export feature to resume the interrupted processes which commonly happens during the migration of large data.
Like these drawbacks, the users can face many other too. So, users to avoid the shortcomings of the manual method to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 can use the third-party Shoviv Exchange Migration tool for the purpose. This tool is compatible with every version of Exchange, and users can also migrate from Exchange 2013 to 2019 and likewise. There is no need to make the intermediary migrations before reaching the final destined Exchange version.
The Automated method is given down below.
Method: The Best Way to Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016
The tool comes with an interactive and intuitive interface that reduces the difficulty of the process by more than half. Moreover, the tool provides a fast, flawless, secure, and, most importantly, direct medium to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016
Phase1: Add Exchange 2013 Mailbox
- Step1: tap the Add Source icon on the ribbon bar.
- Step2: select the Exchange Server Mailbox option from the left pane of the appeared wizard.
- Step3: provide username and password to hit Next.
- Step4: choose the mailboxes that you to migrate and tap Finish.
Phase2: Export to Exchange 2019 Mailbox:
- Step5: now, click on Live Exchange from the ribbon bar.
- Step6: deal with the sub-folders and move on with Next.
- Step7: select the radio button “Fetch all Mailboxes from Active Directory”, enter credentials, and hit Next.
- Step9: practice mailbox mapping and then click Next.
- Step10: utilize filters as per the requirement, practice folder mapping, and email translation to click Next.
- Step11: the process will start; you can save the report after its completion and then be required to hit Finish.
Advantages of Using the Automated Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool:
- Here users face no restrictions on Mailbox size and numbers. The tool performs the task with the same speed and efficiency as it shows for a small and single mailbox.
- There are zero chances of data alterations and loss; the tool takes care of the users’ data and maintains its integrity and hierarchy.
- It essentially saves users to perform Exchange migration first from 2010 to 2013 to finally reach the Exchange 2016th version.
- The tool inherits the Incremental Export feature. This feature saves users from making an intermediary migration to 2013 to finally migrate from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016.
- The filters of the tool are Message class and Date range based. This lets users filter out the undesirable item(s) from the migration process.
- Users can also practice mailbox and folder mapping tasks on the tool to increase the accuracy of the Exchange migration. The mappings can be done manually or by using CSV files to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016.
The Final Words:
In the manual method for Exchange, migration users need to make intermediary migrations and fulfill the technical prerequisites. Moreover, the manual method is too time-consuming and technical. However, for the same task, the various automated tools come into the market, but it remains a real fight to search for the efficient one. Here, I would suggest users use the Shoviv Exchange Migration tool to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016. Furthermore, the tool can also be used in a FREE demo for fair evaluation before being purchased.