No idea how to install a Canon printer on your computer? You’ve come to the right place. This guide will help you step by step through the process of setting up a Canon printer on your computer. Printers are an essential device for home and office work. Due to the technological age, most work is only possible on these devices. When it comes to advanced technology printers, the Canon brand is at the top. The Canon company is top-rated in terms of printers, cameras, and more. It is easy to hand over these devices. Manuals are also available with all types of devices. In order to use the printer, there is an installation process that is mandatory to do.
Read more – ij start canon
This blog will explain how to install a Canon printer without a CD on Windows and Mac systems. We have described the Canon printer installation process for wired and wireless connections.
How To Install a Canon Printer Without CD On Windows (Wired Connection)
In order to install a Canon printer without a CD on your Windows system with the help of the Canon Printer Installer, kindly follow the steps given below:
- First, set a proper connection between your Canon printer and Windows system using your printer’s USB cable.
- Next, tap on the “Devices & Printers” option from the Start button. Then from a new screen that will appear, right-tap on your printer icon and select “Properties.”
- After that, check your Canon printer name and device model number, and then click on the “OK” option to minimize your current screen.
- Then, right-tap the “Computer” option from the Start menu bar and select “Manage” from the provided options.
- Now, click on “Device Manager” from the far left corner of your screen. Then tap on “Other Devices” from the list of options.
- While in the same window, right-tap on your device model and select “Update Driver Software.”
- Tap “Browse My Computer for Driver Software” from the next window on the screen.
- Tap on “Let me choose from Canon drivers on my computer.” Then hit on “Next” after selecting the “Printer” option.
- Select your printer driver from the list of drivers in your next window and tap on “Next.”
- Follow your on-screen steps and tap on the “Next” option.
- Once you get the message that you’ve successfully added your printer, tap on the “Finish” option.
- Here in this step, restart your computer after doing a print test.
- Once your computer has restarted successfully, go to the “Devices and Printers” from the start menu bar and select “Printer Properties.”
- Tap on “Print Test Page”
- Now your printer setup is done and ready to use.
You can now easily install a Canon printer without CD using (a wired connection) on Windows by following the steps mentioned above.
Read about – ij start canon
How To Install a Canon Printer Without CD On Windows (Wireless Connection)
The below steps will completely guide you through setting up a wireless connection without CD on Windows with the help of the Canon Printer Installer.
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button.
- The user’s network must use WiFi Protected Access or the WPA2 security protocol.
- First, be sure your printer is switched on. Then, hold the WiFi button on your printer until the alarm lamp flashes at least once.
- Next, make sure the lamp next to the button flashes blue. Afterward, go to your printer’s access point and tap the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- Once your printer has successfully connected to a wireless network, both power and WiFi lamps stop flashing as they will show a steady light.
- Your Canon printer is successfully connected through a wireless connection, and you can do a test print.
Read – ij start canon
How To Install a Canon Printer Without CD On Mac (Using a USB Cable)
In order to install a Canon printer without a CD on your Mac system with the help of the Canon Printer Installer, kindly follow the steps provided below:
- First, connect your Canon printer to your Mac system with a USB cable.
- Next, switch on your printer.
- After that, tap on the Apple menu bar and select “System Preferences.”
- Then, tap on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Now, tap on the “+” button to add your printer. You will now see your Canon printer model on your screen. Select it and tap ‘OK.’ Once setup is done, your printer will be ready to use.
Read about – Canon PIXMA MG4250 printer
Installing A Canon Printer Without CD On Mac (Wireless Connection)
To learn how to install a Canon printer without a CD on your Mac, kindly follow the steps provided below:
- First, open Canon’s driver initialization website (Canon Printer Installer) and type in your device model number on your screen. Then tap on the option “Drivers and Initialize” and select Continue.
- Next on your screen, asking for your name and password, enter your password to enable the helper tool to be installed. After that, tap on the “Install” option.
- Then on your next screen, tap on the “Next” button.
- The next screen asks you to select your connection type between Wireless or USB. Select “Wireless Connection” from the option.
- In this step, ensure the power lamp is on and click “Next.”
- Select “Connect to a network” on your next screen.
- Once the “Connection via cableless” screen appears, press and hold your printer’s WiFi button until the orange alarm lamp flashes at least 2 times. Then release it after the second flash.
- Confirm that the blue WiFi lamp flashes quickly and the green power lamp is lit. Tap on Next”.
- Select your current region next to your next screen and press “Next.”
- On your next screen that appears, select your place of residence and press “Next.”
- On this next screen, tap “Yes” to agree to the User License Agreement.
- From the next screen that appears, press “Add a Printer.”
- Select your Canon printer model driver version from your next screen and “Add.”
- Click “Next” to complete the setup process as the last step.
We hope the above steps come to your best use while installing Canon Printer Software without CD on Windows and Mac.
Read complete information – Canon printer error P07