How to Import Archive File in Lotus Notes to Outlook.pst?
Under this section, we will discuss the multiple solutions available to import archive file in Lotus Notes to Outlook.pst. Further, the step-by-step process of the manual method is explained. However, the process is categorized into two stages. All these are discussed in detail in the below section:
Manual Method to Import Archive File in Lotus Notes to Outlook
Stage 1. Exporting NSF to CSV
Implement the step-by-step process for exporting NSF files into CSV:
- Run IBM Notes and open NSF file as per need in the same.
- Navigate to the File option and select Export.
- From Export Wizard, select the location path to store the file. Go to Save As type and choose Comma Separated Value.
- Finally, press Export to start the process. It will take a couple of seconds and once the process is finished, click the Finish button to exit.
Stage 2. Importing CSV to Outlook
Follow the steps to import exported CSV to the Outlook app:
- Open MS Outlook in the system.
- Click File and choose the option of Import and Export.
- Import and Export Wizard window appears, select the option of Import from another program or file. Click Next.
- From Import a file Wizard, select Comma Separated Value (Windows) and hit Next.
- Add CSV files created earlier in Stage 1. Press Next.
- Select desired location/folder where you want to import the exported file. Now, navigate to the Next tab.
- Finally, click Finish and verify the entire file list after conversion.
The manual method includes two stages to import Lotus Notes archive file in Outlook. The process is implementable but quite lengthy and complex. Moreover, it is equipped with a few drawbacks that can cause data loss trouble during the process.
Common Drawbacks of Manual Process
- Require high technical skills and prove non-suitable for non-technical users.
- Complex working process and thus takes a lot of time and effort from users.
- Cause loss of data after completing the process.
- Possibility of data alteration in original content during the process.
- Installation of both Lotus Notes and Outlook email apps is needed.
Automated Solution to Import Archive File in Lotus Notes to Outlook
NSF Converter is a great application to batch import archive file in Lotus Notes to Outlook. The application possessed with easy to understand and user-friendly GUI so that any technical and novice user can use the software to import Lotus Notes archive file to Outlook. The software delivers advanced functionality with a number of features such as split PST, filters, set destination path, creating separate PST for each NSF file and etc.
Download the free demo of the NSF to PST Tool that allows to import first 20 NSF file per item free of cost. With the help of the freeware edition, a user can analyze and understand the software processing before the purchase of the license key.