Air freight is defined as cargo transported by an air carrier via air routes from one location to another. Air freight travels along the same routes as passenger and commercial planes, making it the most incredible option for quick transportation. Because this is the quickest method, it is also the most expensive. You make decisions every day. And, if you work in logistics, one of those considerations is almost certainly how to move your goods. When international shipping requirements and tight deadlines collide, the options become significantly more complicated.
Here are some ways how air freight can make your life easier:
- They are highly reliable: Air freight shipments are highly dependable because airlines tend to stick to their schedules with consistent arrival and departure times. Even a missed flight would not cause significant delay because most air freight services operate on daily schedules, with hourly departures.
- Ship your goods almost anywhere with air freight: The routes for sea, road, and rail freight typically involve major transportation networks, leaving out the world’s smaller countries. Many airlines, on the other hand, have a vast network of destinations that span nearly the entire globe. This means that you can ship your goods almost anywhere using air freight.
- It is very secure: Air freight is frequently used for high-value shipments, safety is critical. However, goods shipped by air experience minimal handling, making air freight one of the safest shipping options. At the airport, cargo safety controls are strictly enforced, and most goods are cleared within a few hours. This lowers the possibility of both damage and theft.
- Reduced costs for packaging, warehousing, and insurance: Air freight’s faster transit times reduce the need for local warehousing, and insurance premiums are lower. This means you can save money on additional packaging services, warehousing, and insurance.
- It is easy to track: Tracking your air freight shipments is simple because there is always a flight number and information about when the flight departs and arrives. In addition, many freight forwarders offer web-based tracking tools for your goods. This means you can stay up to date on the status of your cargo from departure to arrival.
Blue Bell Shipping has progressed and expanded its freight forwarding operations to include project shipments, air/sea charters, rig movements, and dangerous goods storage. It is one of the most reliable shipping agents in Dubai. However, if you require air freight services in Dubai, get in touch with us. We will be happy to provide you with exactly what you need.