Future Infantry Soldier as a System (F-INSAS):
- Future Infantry Soldiers are equipped with three primary subsystems. The first sub system is the modern state of art assault rifle along with day and night holographic and reflex sights.
- The sights are mounted on the weapon and also on the helmet to enable a 360-degree visibility and accuracy in operational conditions.
- In addition to the primary weapon system, the soldiers will also be kitted with multi-mode hand grenades which have also been procured indigenously along with multi-purpose knives.
- The second sub system is the protection system. This gives protection through a specially designed helmet and a bullet proof jacket.
- The third sub system consists of a communication and surveillance system. This F-INSAS system is capable of further upgradation by incorporating real time data connectivity.
Anti-Personnel mine ‘Nipun’
- Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune and the Indian industry, have jointly developed a new indigenous mine called ‘Nipun’.
- It will enhance the protection provided to the troops on the borders. The mine is more potent and effective than the existing anti-personnel mine.
Landing Craft Assault (LCA)
- LCA is aimed at replacing boats carrying personnel in battle operations. These are lightweight assault carriers that can carry up to 35 troops. The LCA is much more versatile and has overcome the limitations of launch, speed and capacity. LCA has been indigenously developed by M/s Aquarius ShipYard Limited, Goa.
Mini Remotely Piloted Aerial System (RPAS)
- RPAS was developed to remove the operational limitations faced by the Indian Air Force aircraft and the heron Unmanned Aerial Vehicles at tactical level.
- It empowers the Indian Army by removing the restricted capability for surveillance, detection and reconnaissance at the infantry battalion and mechanised units level.
Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle (IPMV)
- IPMV is an indigenously developed armoured personnel carrier of the Indian Army. It has been made by M/s Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL).
For More Information, please visit Believers IAS Academy. They are one of the IAS Coaching Centers in Bangalore at BTM Layout for aspirants preparing for recruitment exams conducted by UPSC. Renowned as Best IAS Coaching in Bangalore.