Data security is the practice of preventing unauthorized access, corruption, or theft of digital information throughout its entire lifecycle. It is a concept that encompasses all aspects of information security, from hardware and storage device physical security to administrative and access controls, as well as the logical security of software applications. It also includes policies and procedures for the organization.
Certain technologies in administrative and logistical controls can be used to secure data. It can even include physical security measures to limit access, manipulation, or disclosure of sensitive data. Most, if not all, organizations have some form of data security controls in place, some of which are far more robust than others. Implementing safeguards to prevent access to areas such as websites, computers, and any type of personal or business database can also be included in these controls. As a result, data security remains one of the most critical considerations for any serious organization.
Today, data security is a top priority for many organizations. Here are the primary reasons.
- Data breaches: It can occur as a result of cyber-attacks, theft or loss, or human error. It has the potential to disrupt business operations, resulting in a loss of revenue for the company. A breach can also result in legal fees, and if it involves a violation of compliance, the regulatory body can levy fines or impose other penalties. Furthermore, the organization’s reputation and customer trust may suffer long-term damage.
- Compliance: Data security is also driven by compliance requirements. Meeting compliance requirements is essential for a successful data security strategy, but simply checking the boxes during compliance audits is not enough. Sensitive data protection should be viewed as a long-term, ongoing commitment.
- Cloud security: Data is stored in systems outside the traditional perimeter and can flow freely everywhere with cloud computing. As a result, organizations require a data-centric security strategy that prioritizes their most sensitive data.
- Protection of privacy: While some of the information is business-related, some is purely personal in nature. Thus, by protecting data, one tends to protect one’s privacy.
- Ensure data integrity: It aids in the prevention of unauthorized changes to data, data structures, and configuration files.
We are an established supply partner for data security products in Dubai having our business process integrated with solutions, delivering smarter supply chains with efficiency, agility and resilience. If you are looking for firewall solutions in Dubai, contact us