Digital radiography (DR) is a modern method of obtaining X-ray images that replace traditional photographic film with digital electronic sensors and a digital capturing device. This allows for almost instant access to X-ray images.
The processing speed of DR, which allows radiology technicians to generate images for immediate review, is its most significant advantage over more traditional X-ray systems. Rather than being captured on traditional film and then developed by chemical processes, the image is captured on a receptor and then transferred to software at a viewing station. The digital image can then be distributed to the associated workstations, improving workflow efficiency significantly.
Here are some of the advantages of digital X-rays :
- Easy Access and Storage: Traditional x-rays necessitate the use of film and processing. Furthermore, radiologists must keep track of how many images they have taken for storage purposes. This is not necessary with digital x-rays. Because images are immediately transferred to a hard drive, storage space is much greater. Furthermore, the images are easily transmitted to other medical professionals, potentially reducing the need for patients to undergo additional x-rays from another medical professional in the future.
- More Cost-Effective: There are significant cost savings because film and the chemicals used to process images are no longer required. Furthermore, the darkroom space can be repurposed for other purposes. Medical professionals are not exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals.
- Higher Quality Images: An image captured by a digital x-ray machine can be instantly enlarged. This enables readers to see bone and/or soft tissue in a single exposure. Furthermore, resizing images does not distort or degrade image quality. Doctors can detect potential issues that would be difficult to detect on traditional x-rays thanks to the ability to resize images as needed.
- Less Radiation: Traditional x-rays require bulky lead aprons and blankets, which can be stored in the closet. Although the amount of radiation produced by traditional x-rays is considered safe, it is drastically reduced with digital x-ray imaging. And because fewer images are required, radiation exposure is reduced even further.
- Improved Communication: For the patient, healing and recovery come much faster when there is clear communication with the doctor. Vastly improved communication is a natural by-product of using digital x-rays. Because if the doctor finds something significant, he or she can quickly provide the patient with a clear explanation of the problem and the solution.
Emitac Healthcare Solutions intends to equip as many healthcare providers with products, technology, and patient monitoring solutions from our reliable partners so that they can reach, assist and treat as many patients as possible. They provide radiology solutions in Dubai and help in improving the quality of life. If you are looking for a total healthcare solution company, contact us.