When most people think of diamonds, they envision the classic round diamond shape, which is by far the most popular. However, if you want something different, there are a variety of other shapes available to suit your style and taste. Because each diamond shape is cut differently, it reflects light differently
Many people find it difficult to select the right diamond. Understanding diamond shapes and how they unlock the diamond’s aesthetic qualities is critical for purchasing a diamond that will complement the wearer’s beauty while accurately representing the giver’s sentiments. Here are the popular diamond cut shapes by jewelers:
- Round brilliant cut: They are the most valuable of all diamonds and is available in a variety of sizes and grades. The optimal diamond cut is a critical parameter because it determines a stone’s brilliance and fire. Round diamonds complement any style and setting, from the classic cathedral setting, which emphasizes the individual stone, to the more modern halo setting, which includes complementary gemstones
- Cushion cut: They are square or rectangular and have gently rounded corners. Cushion cut diamonds, known for their fire, are a low-cost option for engagement rings. Although cushion cut diamonds lack the brilliance of round diamonds. They are also less expensive than the round brilliant gems.
- Princess cut: Princess-cut diamonds come in square and rectangular shapes and are exceptionally brilliant due to the way they are cut. The color emitted by princess-cut diamonds is one-of-a-kind. While the color of other diamonds is mostly visible in the center. Because of their excellent light dispersion and low cost, they are an excellent way to turn a woman into your princess for life.
- Emerald cut: Emerald cut diamonds are rectangular with precisely measured steps cut into the sides. These steps give the stone a mirror-like finish that sparkles. Because of its large rectangular table, this cut beautifully showcases the diamond’s original clarity while also making inclusions and color more visible.
- Oval cut: Oval cut diamonds are popular for their brilliance and modern feel, emphasizing size and personal style. They are moderately priced among diamonds. It is a popular cut in all types of jewelry, particularly engagement rings, making it simple to match with bridal diamond sets
Beladamaz is a strategic diamond supplier to some of the world’s most prominent jewellery manufacturers and leading jewellery retailers. Beladamaz, a fine jeweller based in Belgium, has been sourcing and manufacturing diamonds of all shapes, sizes, and colors for more than two decades. Contact them if you are looking for diamond shops in Dubai.